FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
October 13, 2020
Mayor Noble Will Deliver 2021 Recommended Budget
October 16, 2020 at 12:00pm
KINGSTON, NY – Mayor Steven T. Noble will present his 2021 Recommended Budget on Friday, October 16, 2020 at 12:00pm via the City of Kingston Facebook page.
Each day leading up to Mayor Noble’s address, a preview of key areas of investment will be released. The first key area will be Parks and Recreation with major capital improvements and additional park and trail maintenance included in the 2021 Recommended Budget.
“We will be adding capacity for park maintenance to preserve and beautify our beloved parks and growing trail systems,” said Mayor Noble. “Investing in parks ensures safe spaces for our families to enjoy, as parks have been our refuge during a difficult time.”
Parks and recreation-facility projects that will be completed in 2021 include:
- Refurbished pavilion at Hutton Park
- New fence and playground upgrades at Barmann Park
- Completion of playground, benches, front fence and handicapped accessible entry at Rickel Knox Park
- New playground equipment and court repair at Loughran Park
- New soccer field, playground, and parking lot at Kingston Point Park
- Renovations at Andretta Pool including a brand new Splash Pad
- New shade structure at Van Buren playground
- New electrical system at T.R. Gallo
- Andy Murphy Center kitchen upgrades
- Hodge Center parking lot repairs and landscaping
- Rondout Neighborhood Center bathroom renovations
The Common Council Public Hearing on Mayor Noble’s 2021 Recommended Budget will be held virtually on Friday, October 23 at 5:00pm. Following the public hearing, the Common Council’s Finance Committee will hold a series of budget meetings with Department Heads and will vote on the budget at a December Council meeting. Details and call-in information for all budget meetings will be available on the City of Kingston website and Facebook page.