To download this document, please click here.
The Old Dutch Church, officially known as the First Reformed Protestant Dutch Church of Kingston, was established in 1659 and remains today one of the oldest congregations in the United States. The bedrock of our community since its inception, the Old Dutch began on the corner of Main & Wall Streets in 1679, relocating across the street to the present St. Joseph’s Church in 1832 and finally settling in its present bluestone abode in 1852. Through those years the Old Dutch has seen both feast and famine, bloodless coups and violent overthrow, all the while shining like a beacon over its flock and, at times, hiding in silent complicity with our darkest shame. Yet today, much as in 1659, the Old Dutch serves as a keystone of our community, forging a pathway from ancient wilderness to industrial evolution. Come join us as we relive the history of one of Kingston’s most dynamic historic sites.
The presentation is free and all are welcome.
Remaining Event Schedule
May 16th - “Kingston's Immigration-The Bedrock of our Community” by former City Alderman Tom Hoffay
June 20th - “The Early Stockade and Its Settlers-Pioneers of a Nation” by Kingston Historian and Author Ted Dietz
Location of all Events:
Vanderlyn Gallery of the Senate
House Museum located at 296 Fair
Street in Kingston, NY