FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
March 9, 2023
Mayor Noble Extends ARPA Small Business Grant Program Application Deadline
KINGSTON, NY – Mayor Steven T. Noble is pleased to announce that the deadline for the City of Kingston’s ARPA Small Business Grant Program has been extended to March 24, 2023.
The ARPA Small Business Grant Program is made possible with funds from the federal American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA). The City has allocated $1,000,000 of its $17.3 million ARPA award to aid local for-profit businesses within City limits in responding to the negative economic impacts of the COVID-19 public health emergency. Grant awards of up to $10,000 each will help businesses keep their doors open, protect local jobs threatened by the pandemic, support community recovery, and increase resiliency.
“We have gotten a great response from local businesses and have received about 30 applications so far,” said Mayor Noble. “We have the funding to award the ARPA Small Business grants to up to 100 local businesses, so we want to make sure we are giving local business owners ample time to get their applications in. If businesses have any questions about eligibility or the application process, I encourage you to reach out to our wonderful Grants Management department, and they will be happy to assist you. We don’t want any eligible Kingston businesses to miss out on this opportunity for a cash infusion with no match and will be going door-to-door to speak to every possible applicant.”
To be eligible for an award, a business must:
- Be a for-profit business based within City of Kingston limits
- Have 50 or fewer employees
- Be registered to do business in the State of New York unless the business is a sole proprietorship
- Be registered as a DBA If the sole proprietorship does business under a name other than the owner’s
- Be independently owned and operated and not be dominant in its field of operation
- Have been operating in the City of Kingston prior to October 1, 2021.
- Not be facing any pending litigation or legal action
- Not have any business owners, including all managing members and/or officers, who have been convicted of financial crimes within the past three years
- Not have received alternate federal, state, or local grant funding to cover the same costs and/or uses included in the application
- Not be suspended or debarred from the use of federal funds
- Not be a franchise, unless the franchise is not a subsidiary of a larger corporation
The grant application, which can be found here, is due no later than 4:00pm on Friday, March 24, 2023.
Further details for the ARPA Small Business Grant program are available at https://engagekingston.com/small-business-grant-program.