July 30, 2018
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Upcoming Traffic Closures and Detours in Effect During
Albany Avenue Central Hudson Gas Main Replacement Project
The following street closures and detours will be in effect due to a Central Hudson Gas Main Replacement Project:
-Flatbush Ave will be closed from Elmendorf St to Albany Ave.
-Wiltwyck will be closed at Elmendorf except for local traffic.
-Albany Ave will have two way traffic, one lane in each direction, with the traffic light at Flatbush and Albany on blink to keep traffic flowing
-As part of this project, the contractors will excavate on one side of Albany Ave., plate that section, then move the traffic pattern over to that side. After traffic has been redirected they will complete excavation across Albany Ave.
-The contractors will cross Albany Ave at Wiltwyck using the same detour and shifting traffic lanes on Albany Ave. with a flashing traffic light at Flatbush Ave.
• Foxhall will be closed at Albany Ave. to just past Flatbush
• Flatbush will be closed from Albany Ave. to Teller St.
• Elmendorf will be closed from Wiltwyck to Flatbush/Foxhall, except for local traffic.
• Down St. will be closed from Wiltwyck to Foxhall.
• Flatbush will be closed from Farrelly to Teller, except local traffic.
• Albany Ave traffic will be detoured onto Wiltwyck to right on Foxhall.