View Larger Map
157 Lucas Ave
Kingston, NY 12401
Forsyth Park is located on Lucas Avenue in uptown Kingston. Forsyth Park can also be accessed through the adjacent Dietz Stadium Sports Complex.
The land of Forsyth Park, 18.55 acres was donated to the City of Kingston by the family of James C. Forsyth, who served as Ulster County Judge. The topography of Forsyth Park is distinguished by layers of limestone bedrock, shaded by ancient oak and pine trees which the city is bound to preserve. In 1936, tennis courts, a wading pool, ballfield, pavilion and Forsyth Park Zoo were created. In 1991, a new attraction became an instant favorite rose to the site of the former wading pool. "Kingston Kinderland" was built by volunteer labor with funds raised by the Junior League of Kingston.
Excerpt from Kingston's Magnificent City Parks by Ron Woods