- Wayne Platte Jr., Chairman
- Charles Polacco, Vice Chairman
- Matt Gillis
- Robert Jacobsen
- MaryJo Wiltshire
- Jamie Bahruth Mills (Alternate)
- Bridget Smith Bruhn (Alternate)
- Kevin Roach (Alternate)
- Alderman Reynolds Scott-Childress, Liaison
The Kingston Planning Office has a staff of three, the Planning Director, Assistant Planner, and a Senior Clerk. The Planning Department has several activities that it oversees on a regular basis.
Kingston Planning Board – Regular meetings are held once a month, on the third Monday evening, with exceptions made for holidays. Special meetings are scheduled as needed by the Board Chairman.
The Planning Board undertakes reviews of site plans, subdivisions, special permits, and curb cut requests. The Board also makes recommendations to the Common Council on rezoning applications for both map changes and text amendments, and provides zoning variance recommendations upon the request of the ZEO. Staff to the Planning Board is responsible for meeting with applicants and/or their designated representative to discuss the process and information needed to make submissions. Our office provides individuals with technical assistance in matters regarding planning, zoning and the SEQR laws. Detailed reviews of plans are completed and site inspections made to assist the Board with the decision making process. Follow-up meetings and inspections are completed with Building Officials and Planning staff to insure compliance with approved plans.
Planning Forms and Application
Listing files in 'Planning Department'
Surplus City Owned Property and Paper Street Sales – Periodically, the City forecloses on properties for non-payment of taxes. The Planning Office works with other departments on the sale of these parcels.
Surplus Property - Contact City Corporation Counsel
* The Planning Office assists with the oversight of a variety of special projects, including the Rondout Lighthouse, various re-development projects and grant administration for community benefit projects and programs, and assisting other municipal agencies to enhance their respective programming and projects. An example is undertaking a City-wide Comprehensive Plan.
EPA Inormational Site
In order to better serve the residents and business community, the City of Kingston launched a web-based service that provides quick and easy access to a variety of parcel information. This website is accessible at kingston.municitysoftware.com.
Knox Box Info and Application:
For information and an application for a Knox Box please click on the following link: http://www.knoxbox.com/store/Knox-Box-3200-Series.cfm
Kingston, NY 12401
Phone: (845) 334-3955
Fax: (845) 334-3958